Corporate & Foundation Relations is a department of University Advancement that supports faculty, programs, and strategic priorities across Grounds. As a resource for those seeking funding from corporate partners and private foundations, we provide technical assistance at every stage of proposal development and preparation, including processing through the Office of Sponsored Programs. Visit the Corporate & Foundation Relations website.
Comprehensive Support & Expertise
- Research: We can help identify prospective funders, build strategies to approach corporations and foundations, and find funding opportunities and RFPs.
- Cultivate & Connect: Leverage the CFR team’s experience with building funder relationships to get your foot in the door with a foundation program officer.
- Solicit Funds: We can help develop a compelling case that fits foundation guidelines, assist in writing and editing letters of intent and proposals, and gather required documents.
- Award & Deliver: CFR can assist with navigating the post-award process, maintaining funder relationships, meeting reporting requirements, and cultivating the next award.
Tools & Details
Visit the Corporate & Foundation Relations website for resources that will help throughout the fundraising process:
- Customized Research: Fill out a brief prospect research form, and the CFR team will assist you with prospect identification.
- Proposal Development: Review grant writing resources and best practices. Work with our team to effectively communicate your program’s impact.
- Foundation Directory: This guide contains information on foundation and government funders, including those that fund by invitation only.
- Pivot & Grant Forward: These grant search engines provide open funding opportunities tailored to your search criteria.
- Award Processing: If you have received an award and are unsure how to proceed, we can help ensure proper grant reporting and stewardship.
Community of Practice
Communities of Practice innovate and learn through discussions, joint activities, and sharing information and resources. The Corporate and Foundation Relations Community of Practice is focused on increasing corporate and foundation giving across Grounds. Learn more.
- Explore the University Advancement interactive org chart to learn about the Corporate & Foundation Relations team structure, found under Associate Vice President & Chief of Staff.
- Find contact information and other details about team members in the Hub Directory. Select University Advancement from the dropdown menu to find members of this team along with others reporting up to the Associate Vice President & Chief of Staff .