The Prospect Management, Research and Analytics (PMR&A) team's goal is to support the efforts of the frontline and help build the pipeline of support in a liaison model. The liaison model allows the PMR&A team to provide proactive and personalized service in the areas of portfolio health, goal setting, prospecting, research briefings, wealth screenings, campaign and unit analyses, and reporting.
PMR&A is under the leadership of Anna Hodges, director for analytics and decision support. Chris Hubert, assistant director of prospect research, manages the team of researchers. Teresa Liu, associate director for prospect analytics, manages the team of analysts. Explore the University Advancement org chart to learn about our team's structure (PMR&A is on page 25).
- Provide strategic assistance to fundraisers by ensuring portfolio health, connecting them to partners across grounds for both collaboration and assistance, providing onboarding and offboarding services, and setting fiscal year goals.
- Identify opportunities for prospecting and pipeline development while having a strong understanding of each unit's prospect pool.
- Provide support and educational opportunities on prospecting and portfolio management tools for development officers & development associates. (DO activity reports, EverTrue portfolio, etc.)
- Provide expert knowledge on prospect management policies and best practices through job aids and continued education.
- Act as data stewards and experts for prospect and portfolio management data.
- Provide in-depth information on major-gift and principal-gift prospects through briefing documents and capacity rating reviews
- Proactively direct leads to major gift DOs to accelerate cultivation and solicitation of likely prospects
- Conduct wealth screenings on populations to determine likely prospect pool candidates to schools and units
- Offer strategic input in coordination with PMR&A colleagues to schools and units to assist in their fundraising goals
- Serve as the team experts in analytics and provide support on reporting and analytics technology for PMR&A, fundraisers, and partners.
- Provide data and insights to help schools and units make decisions and solve business needs.
- Develop prospect pools in partnership with Research and Prospect Management.
- Deliver regular reports to schools and units to track program performance.
- Liaise with the Business Intelligence team on projects to help schools and units effectively track their work and understand trends.
There are six pods, and each pod works with a specific group of schools and units, allowing the PMR&A team to learn their unique priorities and prospects. Pods 1-5 each have a Prospect Manager, Prospect Researcher, and Prospect Data Analyst. The Prospect Manager for your Pod is your main point of contact. Pod 6 is managed by the Assistant Director for Pipeline Analytics.
Anna Hodges, Director for Analytics and Decision Support
- Arts and Museums
- Blandy Experimental Farm
- Brody Jewish Center
- Contemplative Sciences
- Education and Human Development
- Madison House
- Osher Lifelong Learning
- Rare Book School
- University Library
- Virginia Humanities
- Women’s Center
Prospect Manager: Delia Kloh
Researcher: Chris Hubert
Analyst: Teresa Liu
- Strategy Notes: Guide | Job Aid | Video Recording
- Donor Lifecycle Through the Stages: Presentation
- FY24 Goal Setting: Presentation
- Contact Reports: Presentation | Video Recording
- What Makes a Good Prospect: Presentation & Other Documents
- Understanding Capacity Ratings and Propensity Scores
- Research Requests
- Data Support Procedures for Prospect Management
- Prospect Management Policies and Procedures
- Principal Prospect Management Policy
- Prospect Movement Through the Donor Cycle