If you are a remote University Advancement employee living 50 miles or more from Charlottesville, and are planning to travel for an upcoming collaboration day, please follow the guidance below.
If you need to fly to Charlottesville, please book your flight through our TravelUVA partner, Concur. Please check with your department’s travel coordinator to see if there are credits available from previously canceled flights. They can also help you book your flight.
If you are planning to drive, please ensure it is the least expensive transportation option. Mileage is reimbursed at the current IRS rate.
Booking a flight using credits from a canceled flight
- Log into TravelUVA to book a new flight using the value of your canceled airline ticket.
- Create a new booking on the same airline you have a credit on.
- The system will automatically apply the credit to your new ticket once you purchase. Note: there may be a $15 fee when using the credit.
- If your new tickets is more expensive than your credit, you will need to pay the difference in fare using your T&E Card, and then expense the difference paid as you normally would through Expense UVA/ChromeRiver.
- If you run into any issues, please reach out to Christopherson Business Travel (CBT) Online Support at 888-535-0179 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about the rules of your specific ticket, please reach out to CBT at UVA@cbtravel.com.
Please use Uber or Lyft (save all receipts).
University Advancement will reimburse you at the corresponding per diem rate for your travel to Charlottesville. Per diem is $69 a day unless meals are provided. Meals that are provided as part of Week of Learning should be deducted from your per diems. Travel Days are reimbursed at a rate of 75% of the per diem.
Please work with your department administrator and charge all DoL travel and related expenses to this central FDM String (use your own department cost center): FDM string will be DN000101, PG00323, COST CENTER (use your own dept cost center) and AC01372 for travel expenses (prof development) or AC01374 for per diems (meals non-hosted).
Your department administrator can assist with your travel reimbursement paperwork. Also please feel free to reach out to Sandra Williams (email@example.com) or Linda Donohue (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions on expense reimbursement.