Take Advantage of All That's Here
Bright workspaces, a sunlit cafe, and ample collaborative spaces with Zoom capabilities are just a few of the benefits of our location.
Find us at 2420 Old Ivy Road, Charlottesville, Virginia 22903, on the first and second floors.
UVA Parking & Transportation monitors the lot at 2420 Old Ivy. Please be sure you follow the guidance provided on the Parking for UA Employees page to avoid being ticketed.
University Advancement has only the IVY2 upper and lower lots available to us. The first small lot to the right upon entering the driveway is the GUEST/VISITOR lot and UA staff should not use those spaces. Do not park in Visitor Parking, nor behind the building in the Loading Zone lot, or you will likely get a ticket. View Parking Map.
The parking page also includes instructions for parking on Grounds while doing UA business.
View this step-by-step guide to learn how to quickly reserve a workspace through OfficeRND via app or web: https://hybrid.officernd.com/community/uva-advancement
Still need help? Reach out to advancementOnline@virginia.edu or use the Help Desk link on the top right.
Use these floor plans to find office and cube locations:
Select the rooms that match your meeting needs with the Old Ivy Building Meeting Rooms Guide. Be sure to book collabs and conference rooms in advance using Outlook. If you need to duck into a room for a quick phone call or conversation, use a huddle space as these don't require reservations for use.
An automated external defibrillator (AED) is installed near the elevators on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors. AED training is not required for use. The Zoll AED Plus device guides you every step of the way. To acquaint yourself with the machine in advance, view this short demo.
First aid kits are located in the main café, the two copy/coffee centers, and room 250 (mailroom).
Fire extinguishers are in the café, by both stairwells and outside of the following: 213A, 250, 276, and the 1st floor women’s restroom.
Download the new UVA LiveSafe app to easily report incidents, request help, and receive emergency alerts.
Familiarize yourself with these procedures provided by the UVA Office of Emergency Management & Advancement Operations to stay safe during emergencies at work:
- Emergency Procedures Guide (step-by-step instructions for handling different types of emergencies, provided by the UVA Office of Emergency Management)
- Emergency Preparedness Poster (print and hang in your workspace)
- 2420 Building Safety Guide (overview of building safety features, training, and contact information, prepared by UVA Advancement Operations)
The printers in rooms 250 and 286 can send and receive a fax:
- NRC018: 434-924-0556 (Mary's former number)
- NRC019: 434-243-7785
- NRC016: 434-924-7364
Boxes are located just down the street at Madison Park Professional Services office: 505 Faulconer Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22903:
- Leaving the Old Ivy Building, turn left onto Old Ivy Road
- Turn Right onto Faulconer Drive
- Once in that parking lot, turn left and head toward the back of the lot; three boxes will be on your right
- FedEx, Monday - Friday, 5:30 p.m.
- UPS, Monday - Friday, 5:30 p.m.
- USPS, Monday - Friday, 10 a.m.
PRINTER CODES AND OTHER DEFAULTS
Ensure your printer codes and other defaults are set for each printer you'll use.
DEFAULT PRINTER SET UP
GENERAL PRINTING INSTRUCTIONS
- Ensure printers have been installed on your computer (new printer numbers end in NRO16, NRO17, NRO18, etc.).
- If you are using Windows OS, printers will be automatically installed on your computer; ensure you have your printing code set on the printer as outlined below.
- If you are using a Mac OS, email email@example.com to have printers installed.
- Send your file to one of these printers.
- At the printer, follow the onscreen prompts to enter your unique print code (found on the back of your Charge Copy Card) and select your print job from the document server list.
- Finish printing and delete your print job from the document server list on the printer to ensure confidentiality.
For additional help with printers, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zoom unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, group messaging, and a software-defined classroom solution in one streamlined platform. UVA academic faculty, staff, and students have access to Zoom through ITS. Follow these instructions to get started using Zoom:
ACCOUNT CREATION AND LOGIN
MEETING SET-UP OVERVIEW
- From your Zoom Profile page, you may choose to either host or join a meeting
- When you choose to host a meeting, you may choose with or without video
- Follow the remaining instructions
- Attendees are invited via an Outlook email that includes a link to the meeting
ADDITIONAL TRAINING AND SUPPORT
- Urgent Building Issues (plumbing, spilled coffee on carpet, etc.): Call Mary Greene: 924-7306
- Other Requests: Complete the Help & Accounts form accessed from the top of every Hub page.